Business Referral Groups
The Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber currently has four active Business Referral Groups that each meet twice monthly to provide a forum for the exchange of business leads and referrals among non-competing group members while allowing for increased exposure in the region.
Membership in a BRG is ideal for those interested in generating new business and developing a network of contacts. And there is no additional charge to join a group if you are an Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber member.
BRG1 meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 12 – 1 p.m. BRG2 meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 8 – 9 a.m. BRG3 meets on the first and third Thursday of each month from 12 – 1 p.m. BRG4 meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month from 12 – 1 p.m.
All BRG meetings are held at the Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber's office at Five Computer Drive South in Albany.
As in any worthwhile endeavor, you will receive from the group the equivalent of what you invest in the group. That is why we are pursuing highly motivated, positive, professionals looking to advance their own careers while helping to advance the careers of those around them.
Membership within a BRG is exclusive by industry. Submit an online application form to join a BRG. After submitting the application, you will be notified as to whether you may join a current group (meaning your industry is not currently represented in a group) or if your application will be considered for a future group (meaning your industry is represented in each of the current groups).
View the Business Referral Group Guidelines for more information about group processes.
BRG Application Policies
- Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber member applicants will be accepted on a first come, first served basis by date of application.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate applicants while maintaining one member per classification or industry in each of the BRGs.
- An Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber member business may NOT be represented in more than one BRG. Exceptions are: a franchised company with its own Chamber membership can have a place in a BRG; an individual classified as a 1099 with his/her own Chamber membership may have a place in a BRG; and member organizations with 50+ employees may have two different representatives join two BRGs.
- Applicants whose business classification is already represented in current groups will be placed on a waiting list until an opening becomes available or a new group of sufficient size is formed.
BRG Application Process and Procedures
- Individuals interested in joining a BRG are encouraged to complete an online application.
- After submission, the applicant will be contacted by the BRG liaison Jennifer Sims.
- If the applicant was invited and attended a BRG meeting, his/her application will begin the matriculating review process. If the applicant was not invited to a meeting, the application will be waitlisted.
- Upon completion of the previous step and one week’s time, the applicant will receive a final decision letter with respect to acceptance into a BRG.
- If the applicant is accepted, he or she will receive all pertinent group information and will be expected to attend all BRG meetings moving forward. If the applicant is unable to join a BRG, he/she will be waitlisted and contacted immediately upon change of status.
If you have more specific questions with respect to the Business Referral Groups, contact Jennifer Sims at (518) 431-1418.